Program coordination by Nivel expert professor Roland Friele, PhD
Research program Impact of Legislation and Oversight in Healthcare
We expect a lot from laws and regulations in healthcare and the supervision on those laws. We can see that they have a lot of impact, but is this the intended impact? How do you investigate this?
In this research program we focus on the functioning and the effectiveness of laws and regulations in healthcare and on the supervision on those laws.
Points of focus 2022–2024
- Research on interventions 'when something went wrong: in the case something has gone wrong in providing healthcare, an open response - with attention to both the patient and the care provider involved - often is far more effective than a formal response. We investigate whether and how this insight can be put into practice and what the benefits are.
- Evaluative research: our ambition is to produce evaluations in such a way that they really teach us something. Therefore, we examine not only the impact of law evaluations itself, but also the evaluation process and how it can make a contribution to that impact.
Our publications or our projects
There are several ways to find the international publications and research projects relevant to this reseach program:
- A good view of the international publications and projects specificly related to this research program you will find in the two drop-down litsts at the international profile page of the program coordinator.
- All international publications and all current international projects of Nivel are listed together, in a chronological order (latest on top). You can enter a specific search term in the search field to find all publication(s) and all project(s) containing your search term.
- Prominent publications and projects can be accompanied with a News item. These you will find in our News Archive (all, latest on top) and on this page at News (on the right).
Want to know more?
For more information on (conducting research together with Nivel in) this specific area of expertise, please feel free to contact our expert and program coordinator Roland Friele (on the right).
Want to receive a notification of each news item published online on our website? Please subscibe to our newsletter.
We look forward to getting in touch with you.