- Member editorial staff Journal “Tijdschrift Gezondheidswetenschappen”(TSG)
- Member of the group of methodological experts (MEX) of the Dutch Health Care Institute
- Member of the Patient Reported Outcomes expertise network of the Dutch Federation of University Medical Centres
- 2016 – Program coordinator Care from the patient perspective
- 2007 – 2016 (Senior) researcher patient experiences
- 2013 – 2015 Project leader of the collaboration of the NIVEL and the Dutch Health Care institute
- 2010 – 2014 Editor for the Zorgbalans in cooperation with RIVM
- 2003 – 2006 PhD at the University of Birmingham (UK) on the effects of acute mental stress on blood composition.
- 1997 – 2001 MSc Pscychology
Supervision of PhD students
- 2014 – Bianca Wiering. Patient involvement in the development and use of PROMs. (ongoing, provisional title)
- 2012 – 2015 Maarten Krol. Numbers telling the tale. On the validity of patient experience surveys and the usability of their results.