Protecting the privacy of visitors of the Nivel websites and participants of our research has high priority at Nivel. We carefully handle personal data and work according to the General Data Processing Regulation (GDPR).
Personal data will be used only for the purpose for which you provided the data: the research in which you participate, the newsletter service or use of the website. Shared personal data will be stored no longer than strictly necessary. Nivel has an adequate policy for data protection to prevent unauthorized access, changes, publication or loss of personal data.
Privacy of research participants
If it is necessary to collect personal data for Nivel research, we will handle the data strictly confidential. Researchers work with anonymized data, in this way we guarantee the privacy of participants. For medially oriented research, we work according to the code of conduct for health research of the F deration of Dutch Medical Scientific Societies (Gedragscode Gezondheidsonderzoek), which is based on the Medical Treatment Agreement Act (Wet op de geneeskundige behandelovereenkomst) and the Act on protection of personal data (Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens). For the use of personal data, we follow the code of conduct of the Dutch Association of Universities for the field of social sciences.
The results of our research can in no way be related to individual participants or healthcare providers. We do not transfer data to third parties for other use than Nivel research, unless the participant provided explicitly informed consent or when a government body based on a statutory regulation would force us to do so.
The Nivel News service
When you subscribe to the Nivel news service, you will receive messages concerning Nivel publications or job vacancies in your mailbox. The reports can be ordered via email or can be downloaded from the website. You have to provide explicit consent for adding you to the mailing list. Every message you receive will contain a link to unsubscribe. The list of subscribers will not be passed to third parties.
Nivel uses the following type of cookies:
- Functional cookies. The Nivel -websites sometimes use functional cookies at login, so you do not have to type your data again and again. According to the Dutch Cookie Act (section 11.7 of the Telecommunication Act) for these cookies no consent is needed;
- We have a data processing agreement with Google
- The last eight numbers of the IP-address of the website visitor is masked
- The option ‘share data with Google’ is disabled
- We do not make use of other Google-services in combination with Analytics-cookies.
Data Protection Officer
Nivel aims to be clear about the way personal data are treated an therefore appointed a Data Protection Officer. Questions and requests dealing with personal data can be send to email@example.com.
Nivel reserves the right to adapt this privacy statement. The text on this page will always contain the most recent version.
In the privacy regulation of our panels of health care users, we have included the rights of the persons involved. This implies that:
- A member of a panel can file a request for access to, blocking of, rectification, or erasure of his or her data;
- Nivel has a notification obligation for this;
- At the Nivel website, at each panel, contact information is provided. Panel members can use this to make contact and make known what right they want to exercise. They receive a reply from Nivel within four weeks;
- Access to the personal data by a panel member is free of charge.