Program coordination by Nivel expert professor Ronald Batenburg, PhD
Research program Professions in Healthcare and Manpower Planning
A balanced labour market - a market where supply and demand match up in terms of quantity and quality - results in good, accessible and affordable healthcare services. How do we improve this match? Is more training the solution, or preventing outflow? And how can a different organisation of the healthcare system contribute to an optimal deployment of personnel?
We continuously monitor the match between supply and demand in the healthcare labour market, as well as the match between education and profession.
Points of focus 2022–2024
- Continuously innovate our forecasting systems to determine available and required capacity of healthcare professionals, on a national and regional level, now and in the future.
- Improving the match between education in healthcare professions and changes in the healthcare sector.
- Providing insight into regional labour markets to support regional policy in solving labour market bottlenecks.
- Optimising the jobmix and skillmix of healthcare organisations.
- Increasing insight into the barriers and success factors for task shifting and interprofessional cooperation.
Our publications or our projects
There are several ways to find the international publications and research projects relevant to this reseach program:
- A good view of the international publications and projects specificly related to this research program you will find in the two drop-down litst at the international profile page of the program leader.
- All international publications and all running international projects of Nivel are listed together, in a chronological order (latest on top). You can enter a specific search term in the search field to find all publication(s) and all project(s) containing your search term.
- Prominent publications and projects can be accompanied with a News item. These you will find in our News Archive (all, latest on top) and on this page at News (on the right).
Want to know more?
For more information on (conducting research together with Nivel in) this specific area of expertise, please feel free to contact our expert and program coordinator Ronald Batenburg (on the right).
We look forward to getting in touch with you.