Influenza: MOnitoring Vaccine effectiveness in Europe
The I-MOVE network aims to measure influenza vaccine effectiveness in Europe, in a way that is scientifically and financially independent from vaccine manufacturers. It publishes results immediately after the start of a seasonal epidemic or pandemic.
- Full title: Influenza: MOnitoring Vaccine effectiveness in Europe
- Deliverables: see publications on the right
- Funding: European Commission
- Project partners: 26 partners from 26 European countries
- Nivel involvement: project partner
- Nivel experts: Joke Korevaar PhD, Mariëtte Hooiveld PhD
- International project website: I-MOVE+.eu
Its goal is to develop a sustainable platform of primary care, hospital and laboratory networks that use validated standardised methods to evaluate existing and new vaccines programmes independently from commercial interests.
Identify, pilot test, use, and disseminate the best study designs to measure, in near real time the effectiveness and impact of vaccines used in the elderly population to prevent influenza and pneumococcal infections.
I-MOVE+ (Integrated Monitoring of Vaccines in Europe) is a consortium of 26 partners (regional and national public health Institutes, SME, Universities frrom of 15 European Union / European Economic Area Member States.
I-MOVE+ has received a grant (May 2015- Oct 2018) from the European Commission (H2020).
What can we do for you?
For more information about Nivel as a partner in healthcare services research, please feel free to contact our manager International Projects Inge van Houdt PhD. We are looking forward to getting in touch with you.