Joint Action on Cancer Control. Harmonising the way we fight cancer in Europe
Cancon (officially European Guide on Quality Improvement in Comprehensive Cancer Control or CanCon; Cancon for short) is a joint action initiative, co-funded by participating organisations, institutes, universities and health care units, and the European Union.
- Full title: Joint Action on Cancer Control
- Deliverables: see the publications on the right
- Funding: Dutch ministry of VWS, Co-funded by the Health Programme of the European Union
- Project paticipants: representatives from 17 EU Member States
- Project partners: National Institute of public health, (IVZ), Ljubljana, Slovenia; National Center of Public Health and Analyses, Ljubljana, Slovenia; Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Norway
- Nivel involvement: associated partner
- Nivel experts: Joke Korevaar PhD. Marianne Heins PhD
- International project website: JA-CANCON.eu
During the upcoming years, the number of cancer patients will increase substantially. An adjusted organisation of cancer care is thus required. It is expected that the role of primary care in this process will grow, demanding, among others, improved balancing between health care suppliers.
With our research we contribute to imorive the organisation of out-of-hospital care for patients with cancer during three different stages of the disease; the stage of screening, the stage of aftercare and the stage of palliative care.
We combine all best-evidence and best-practices experiences available in Europe to develop a guideline.
A European Guide on Quality Improvement in Comprehensive Cancer Control spanning the whole patient journey from prevention to treatment and survivorship. With this guideline we support the ultimate goal: improving the quality of care during different stages of cancer.
Want to know more?
For more information on (conducting research together with Nivel on) this topic, please contact (one of our) contact(s) on the right).
Interested in conducting healthcare services research with Nivel in general? Please go to Nivel, partner in international research and get to know us better.
We look forward to getting in touch with you.