Translational Medicine and Patient Safety in Europe
The aim was to develop the technology that facilitates a learning healthcare system. It brings together a highly multidisciplinary consortium where three carefully chosen clinical ‘use cases’ will drive, evaluate and validate the approach to the ICT challenges.
- Full title: Translational Medicine and Patient Safety in Europe
- Deliverables: see the publications on the right
- Funding: EU Seventh Framework Programme
- Project participants: 24 participants from 10 countries
- Project partners: University of Dundee; Universität Düsseldorf
- Nivel involvement: project partner
- Nivel experts: Prof. Robert Verheij PhD
- International project website: TRANSFoRm.eu
Throughout Europe, data is collected in primary care that can in principle be used for epidemiological research and clinical trials.
Research questions are:
- To what extent and in what way can these data become available for this research?
- Which requirements must then be met?
Nivel is involved in two sub-projects:
- Legal and ethical framework.
- Data quality
The first sub-project deliveres a framework on the basis of which issues regarding privacy protection can be described.
The second sub-project builds on the Dutch EHR scan and provides an instrument with which the usability of data from electronic patient records can be assessed.
What can we do for you?
For more information about Nivel as a partner in healthcare services research, please feel free to contact our manager International Projects Inge van Houdt PhD. We are looking forward to getting in touch with you.