Nivel is a proud partner in international comparative healthcare research, by collaborating with a number of highly renown European organisations. We also look forward to working with you. Together we can make a joint contribution in improving healthcare.
Nivel, partner in international research
Nivel: expertise, resources, experience, quick deliverables … and enthusiasm
At Nivel we have a unique combination of people, resources, data, history and experience in healthcare research. This enables us to perform high-quality research for and/or together with you, in a scientifically justified and efficient way:
- Our experts can draw on a large amount of knowledge and experience in conducting healthcare research.
- At Nivel we have a total of 13 research programs, in which our diverse group of about a hundred researchers carry out their research.
- We feature an extensive research infrastructure, consisting of several panels with different groups of healthcare users, a panel of nurses, and two large health data registration systems.
- By making good use of these features in our (international) projects we are able to provide high-quality deliverables, both on long-term and short-term basis, as needed.
Getting an impression of what we do
Take a look at two of our ongoing projects:
- Project Long COVID (2021-2022): a large-scale, joint national project to gain insight into the long-term complaints after COVID-19 and the 'care pathways' of patients with Long COVID. A mixed-methods research.
- OECD-Paris (2020-2024): Nivel is leading partner in developing the Patient-Reported Indicators Survey (PaRIS-SUR), which is commissioned by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
Interested? Contact us
Nivel is the only institute in the European region that is active in primary healthcare research. Interested in collaborating with Nivel in international research? Please contact us, we look forward to getting in touch with you!
- Our head of research unit Primary Care and Support of International Research, Jeroen Hasselaar, will tell you more about ongoing international projects and about cooperating with Nivel as partner in healthcare research.
- Our experts will tell you more about their field of expertise and about doing research with us in this specific field.
- about 100 researchers, active in 13 research programs, of whom 19 also have a chair as professor at a university
- an enormous amount of health and healthcare data, collected over the years and instantly available for (comparative) research
- a wide range of representative panels and data registration systems
- flexible deployment of long and short term research, as well as research projects on short term notice.
Nivel: projects and results
Which kinds of research projects and products does Nivel have to offer? For a good impression, take a look at:
- our international projects, which we conduct with many different partners
- our wide range of funders and partners, mentioned at each project
- our large amount of international publications and news items to support them. We publish all our research results online, giving a complete overview of our work
What research do we do?
A selection of the research we conduct:
- evaluation studies of the efficacy of innovations in healthcare, policy measures, and health law
- scenario analysis to predict developments in the need for/or supply of healthcare
- international comparative studies regarding healthcare systems
- answering specific questions by using Nivel's database, e.g. evidence on the effectiveness of policy measures
- studies into treatment adherence
- studies into antimicrobial resistance
- studies into prescription behaviour of general practitioners
This, along with the enthusiasm of all our employees, makes Nivel a suitable partner in health services research.