Nivel features the registries of the following healthcare professions: General Practitioners, Midwives, Remedial therapists and Occupational therapists.
Healthcare Professionals Registries
One of the Nivel national databases
Nivel's Healthcare Professionals Registries is part of Nivel's research infrastructure, which consists of panels, national databases and monitors. With this research infrastructure, Nivel provides relevant information from different perspectives: that of patients, clients and citizens, that of healthcare providers and that of the organisation of healthcare.
The aim of the healthcare professionals registries is to monitor on a continuous basis of the number, composition and regional supply of healthcare professionals.
Professions of which Nivel maintains a registry
We collect data of the following professions in the field of healthcare:
- General Practitioners
- Remedial therapists
- Occupational therapists
Via questionnaires, data is gathered about characteristics of the workforce, such as:
- labour market entry preferences
- expected age and motives for ending the career
- working part-time
- employment by type of practice
- the share of patient-related working time
Monitoring the labour market over time
For most professions long time series of data exist. This makes it possible to monitor changes in labour market behaviour over time:
- Since 1975 Nivel has collected career data on all GPs that work in The Netherlands.
- Since 1993 we collect these data on all midwives in the Netherlands.
- For remedial therapists and occupational therapists labour market research is conducted on a two-year basis since 2006.
This makes it possible to signal changes over time.
We value the privacy of people and organisations that participate in our registrations. In our Privacy Regulations for the Registrations of Healthcare Professionals (in Dutch) we state what data we collect, how we manage it, what data we may provide to third parties and what the rights of the registered participants are. Hereby we adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), that took effect in EU 2018:
- Researchers have no access to identifiable data of participants (e.g. name, address, citizen service number).
- Research results cannot be traced back to individual persons, healthcare providers or organisations.
- Participating healthcare providers may withdraw from Nivel's registrations at any time, without stating reasons.
Results of research with the Healthcare Professionals Registries you can find at Publications on this website, where you can fill in your own search terms (such as 'healthcare professionals' and 'labour market'.
The Healthcare Professionals Registries are financed by the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport.
What can we do for you?
For more information about the Healthcare Professionals Registries for research purposes, you can contact (one of) the Nivel contact(s) on the right.
For more information about Nivel as a partner in healthcare services research in general, please feel free to contact our progam manager International Projects Inge van Houdt PhD.
We look forward tot getting in touch with you.