Program coordination by Nivel expert professor Liset van Dijk, PhD
Research program Pharmaceutical Care
At a certain point in their live, most people come into contact with pharmaceutical care, either as a patient or as a healthcare giver. The use of medicines is the most common treatment within healthcare. When people use their medicines properly, they experience more quality of life.
Within this research program we investigate the entire pharmaceutical care chain, from the prescription of a medicine by the doctor, to its delivery by the pharmacy, to the patient who uses it.
Points of focus 2022–2024
- Offering support in the proper use of medicines by patients. We focus on the implementation of therapy compliance interventions in primary care and on the communication between pharmacists and patients regarding medicines.
- Optimizing medication adherence
- Stimulating efficient and sustainable use of medicines. We examine, for example, how doctors prescribe medicines and whether they follow the professional guidelines in doing so.
- Achieving less wastage in healthcare and less prescribing of polluting medicine, such as dose-ranging aerosols.
Our publications or our projects
There are several ways to find the international publications and research projects relevant to this reseach program:
- A good view of the international publications and projects specificly related to this research program you will find in the two drop-down litst at the international profile page of the program leader.
- All international publications and all running international projects of Nivel are listed together, in a chronological order (latest on top). You can enter a specific search term in the search field to find all publication(s) and all project(s) containing your search term.
- Prominent publications and projects can be accompanied with a News item. These you will find in our News Archive (all, latest on top) and on this page at News (on the right).
Want to know more?
For more information on (conducting research together with Nivel in) this specific area of expertise, please feel free to contact our expert and program coordinator Liset van Dijk (on the right).
Want to receive a notification of each news item published online on our website? Please subscibe to our newsletter.
We look forward to getting in touch with you.