National project manager OECD PaRIS: coordinating the development of a new generation indicators for the outcomes and experiences of healthcare
Duration: Jul 2020 - Dec 2023
The Netherlands participate in the international PaRIS project of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), in which countries work together to develop, standardize and implement a new generation of indicators that measure the outcomes and experiences of healthcare that are most important to people. Nivel has been appointed as National Project Manager (NPM) to coordinate the project with the PaRIS consortium and to implement it in the Netherlands.
The ultimate goal of the project is to map and explain inter- and intra-country variation in patient experiences with a view to cross-country learning.
In this project, patients from general practices will use a survey to indicate their experiences with the care provided (Patient Reported Experience Measures or PREMs) and the perceived outcomes of the care (Patient Reported Outcome Measures or PROMs).
The PARiS Consortium consists of:
- Nivel (leading partner)
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
- Ipsos MORI - Global Market Research and Public Opinion Specialist, United Kingdom
- University of Exeter, United Kingdom
- Avedis Donabedian Institute, Barcelona, Spain
- OptiMedis AG - health management company, Hamburg, Germany
- Policy makers will be better able to focus on efforts needed to improve quality.
- Healthcare providers will better understand how to improve the quality of care they provide.
International website: OECD.org/health/paris