The foundation 'Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research' (Nivel), is an independent research institute. It has a Supervisory Board. Nivel's internal organisation structure includes management and staff. Take a look at our organisational chart and learn more about the interacting units of Nivel.
At Nivel there are about a hundred scientists involved in conducting research in all kinds of aspects of Dutch healthcare. In addition, there are about sixty professionals working in research-related and supporting functions. Take a look at our organisational chart and see how Nivel is organised.
Nivel is a foundation. It consists of several units:
- the Supervisory Board, supervising the way Nivel is lead
- the Executive Board, consisting of a CEO and a COO/CFO
- three Research Units, each containing a number of Research Programs
- several Research Related Units
- General Affairs, containing several Operational Units
About Nivel’s organisational units:
The external Supervisory Board (formaly the Board of Governors) supervises the way in which Nivel's Executive Board runs the institute. The Supervisory Board consist of five (external) members:
||Advisor ZonMw, national funding organisation for healthcare research, The Netherlands|
||Chairman DIVOSA, an association for municipal executives in the social domain, The Netherlands|
||Board Member of the Academic Medical Center Amsterdam, The Netherlands|
||Professor 'Internal medicine, specialized in Geriatric Medicine’, University of Groningen, The Netherlands|
Nivel’s Executive Board consists of a CEO and a COO/CFO.
|Prof. C. (Cordula) Wagner, PhD
CEO, project coordinator Patient Safety
|P.J.J. Baarendse, PhD
COO/CFO; head of General Affairs and its operational units
Heads of Research Units
Nivel’ features three Research Units. Each research unit is led by a Head of Research Unit.
|Prof. J.D. (Judith) de Jong, PhD
Head of research unit Organisation and Management in Healthcare
|G.J. (Jeroen) Hasselaar, PhD
Head of research unit Primary Care
|Prof. J.J.D.J.M. (Jany) Rademakers, PhD
Head of research unit Healthcare from the Perspective of Patients, Clients and Citizens; project coordinator Health Literacy and Patiënt Participation
Nivel's Scientific Staff consists of all members of the Executive Board (mentioned above), the Heads of Research Units (mentioned above) and all Program Coordinators and Program Managers of our various scientific research programs:
In Nivel’s three research units (dark green), a total of 14 research programs are running continuously (light green). In each of these programs there is a heterogeneous team of scientist conducting research, each team in their specific field of competence:
- In each research team there is a core of senior researchers which can be widely deployed, and a group of (mostly younger) researchers and PhD students engaged in concrete research activities.
- Each research team is headed by a program coordinator of one of our research programs (see ‘scientific staff’ above).
- Various scientific researchers of Nivel, experts in their field of research, also hold a chair as professor at one (or more) of the Dutch and/or foreign universities. As a result, we are in close contact with science and we can play a significant role between science, policy and practice.
Research related units
At Nivel there are a lot professionals engaged in facilitating and disseminating all Nivels research in an efficient, scientific an appealing way. This is being done in serveral units:
- Nivel’s Cluster Panel and Survey Research and Cluster Routine Data facilitate the gathering and producing of data information from our panels and registration systems. They make sure the data are safe, up-to-date and reliable.
- Nivel’s Research Communication Center cooperates with Nivel researchers in communicating about there research in a clear and (more) appealing way, and in disseminating research results in the broadest sense (publications, website and more). Furthermore, by developing and maintaining Nivel's corporate identity, they are focussed on presenting Nivel as a self-aware research institute with a national and international ambition.
- Nivel's Secretariats deliver all kinds of secretarial support to the research units.
General Affairs and its operational units
To ensure that the profesional organisation of Nivel runs smoothly, within General Affairs (dark blue) a number of Nivel professionals is active in several Operational Units (light blue), such as:
- various Administrative Units
- Human Resource Management
- Facility Affairs
The head of General Affairs is also engaged as COO/CFO in het executive board of Nivel.